Careers At BLUMZDOWNLOAD GENERAL JOB APPLICATION
A Self Motivated, Enthusiastic and Creative person able to work in a boutique/ up-scale setting with world class product, providing exceptional service to our clientele. Strong people skills with a true passion for meeting client needs while supporting company policies.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Provide excellent service to customers
- Assist clients with product selection based on client needs
- Design floral/plant product based on associate training/skill level
- Follow-up with clients when applicable
- Responsible for accurate product pricing
- Process register/point of sales transactions
- Daily set up and break down of store sidewalk and daily temporary interior displays
- Contribute to the consistent maintenance and refreshment of product merchandise
- Resolve customer concerns in the prescribed Blumz procedures
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prior experience in luxury brand retail, interior design or hospitality environment preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Good math skills
- Experience working in the floral industry preferred
- High level of enthusiasm, self-motivation, and outgoing personality
- Goal/sales oriented
- Good organization skills, detail oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Proven teamwork skills
- Knowledge of proper floral care and handling techniques
- Visual merchandising skills preferred
- Passion to grow and learn within the organization
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Some nights and weekends required
- Flexible work schedule required, including weekend and holiday availability
- Ability to lift and move product weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Peak business periods may require extended work days and/or work weeksSEND RESUME / APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Overall scope and purpose of job is to perform warehousing tasks of receiving product/merchandise/props, putting away product and rental items, pulling product (filling orders, pulling rental items for events), preparing product for shipment/delivery, general housekeeping/maintenance of warehouse area, completing appropriate paperwork, operating equipment safely, loading trucks/vans with product/rental items and developing and maintaining an inventory of rental props. Grounds keeping, trash pickup, weeding, planting and watering. This position also works very closely with the Fresh Floral Procurement Department.
- Inspects, fills and stages orders in accurate, thorough and efficient manner in accordance with established Company standards and procedures
- Communicates shortages of merchandise/rental items in a timely manner to ensure accurate completion of event set up and billing
- Receives, assists with pricing, and stocks new merchandise/containers/props
- Pulls, labels and stages containers/props/merchandise for event/wedding use per work orders supplied by event/wedding designers.
- Cleans and Re-stocks event props/containers/merchandise upon their return.
- Handles stock in a careful and safe manner; conscious of quality and eliminating damage.
- Practices and adheres to established safety rules and policies as well as established housekeeping standards.
- Performs equipment safety review. Reports any violations or hazards to management immediately.
- Operates assigned warehouse equipment in performing the functions of the job
- Keep warehouse, including inventory, neat and orderly
- Participates in physical inventory of containers/props/rental items
- Plant and maintain gardens surrounding the property
- General yard and garden maintenance, trash removal, weeding and watering
- Other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned
- Proficient math skills in unit of measurement and multiplication, division, addition, subtraction
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient at reading and writing in English
- Attentive to detail; accurate and thorough
- Ability to work safely, independently, fast, and efficiently
- Team worker willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Working Conditions: Activities include regularly working in a warehouse environment, vibration, mechanical hazards, moving objects, dust, shift work and overtime required as needed.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift, twist and carry up to 65 pounds and manipulate (pushing, pulling) up to 100 pounds of product. Physical activities required of this job include, but are not limited to: bending, carrying, climbing, crouching, feeling, finger movement, grasping, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, pushing, rapid work speed, speaking, reaching, repetitive motions, seeing, sitting, standing, stooping, talking, twisting, walking, climbing a ladder and walking on irregular surfaces.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and related experience
- One to two years previous warehouse / grounds keeping / distribution experience preferred