When you think of Michigan weather you probably think of snow. It's true that we have some very harsh winters but we also have really beautiful summers. For a few months of the year, the sun peeks its head out from behind the clouds and the colors of summer start to bloom all around us.Blumz by JRDesgins likes to take full advantage of the summer by planting our own flower garden where we grow some of the most beautiful buds that you have ever seen.
This year's garden features an assortment of fresh flowers including yarrow, dahlias, campanula, dusty miller, hosta leaves, echinacea, sunflowers, snapdragons, marigold, zinnias, gomphrena, feverfew and more. We will be using these fresh Michigan grown flowers to create unique arrangements for our customers that will last, there is nothing better than getting something fresh from the source.
If you would like to purchase an arrangement made fresh from the garden click here or stop in and pick out something that we just picked!
~Blumz by JRDesigns
So, you just had flowers delivered to you, now what?
- Keep fresh flowers away from drafts and extreme temperatures, which can quickly dry out the flowers and cause wilting.
- If your flowers came in plastic, remove this as soon as possible.
- Do not place your arrangement near fruit or in the path of cigarette smoke. The ethylene gas is detrimental to many flower types.
- Avoid placing flower arrangements in windowsills and other areas with full sun where flowers can wilt due to overheating.
- Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.
How To Keep Your Flowers Looking Fresh
- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. Flowers stay fresher, longer when they can get a drink!
- If your flowers came in a basket or other container with foam, add fresh water every day.
- Immediately remove dead or wilting leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangements.
- Watch your water. When it gets cloudy it’s time to change it out.
Changing The Water In Your Flower Arrangement
- First remove any dead or dying flowers from the arrangement.
- After carefully removing the good flowers, clean the vase thoroughly with soapy water to remove any bacteria that could cause the fresh flowers to deteriorate even quicker. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Replace the water and mix in the flower preservative provided by your florist, according to the instructions on the packet.
- For best results, cut stems with a sharp knife at an angle about one to two inches from the bottom. This allows them to better absorb water. Do not use scissors to cut your flowers because they can crush the stems and prevent water absorption.
- Place loose stems or wrapped bouquets of fresh flowers in your water mixture as soon as possible.
Recently, The Knot released an article featuring the 5 traditions that they think are here to stay. Their list included:
1-The Wedding Cake
2-The Bridal Shower
3- Not Seeing Each Other Before the Wedding
4-Carrying a Flower Bouquet
5- The Rings
We have to a agree these traditions are still a big part of most ceremonies today. In fact, the bouquet is one of our favorite wedding traditions. Our team understands how important the bouquet is. Bouquet styles range from textured and wild to traditional and tight and everything in-between. Most brides have a idea of what their bouquet will look like before they ever walk in the door. And, when they don't we are happy to help them explore their options! It is important to pick a good floral designer and make sure that they understand your vision. It is also important to let them know what flowers you love, a good planner will help you find the blooms that you desire. There are so many ways to design your bouquet and there is literally no wrong way to do it.
Call Blumz by JRDesigns today and let's a keep this beautiful tradition alive for years to come!
~Blumz by JRDesigns
The floral wedding crown has become a huge trend over the last few years. This are a great way to skip the veil and do something different (although they can also work with a veil, depending on what you are going for). They can be created more more natural for a bohemian look or made to be a bit more upscale for a classy more traditional wedding look. We have fallen in love with this trend and are glad to see it catching on.
Some wedding parties even order floral crowns or hair accessories for everyone in the bridal party. This is a great way to keep all your girls matching without making them wear the same jewelry. Everyone from the maid of honor to the flower girl can participate in this trend.
Blumz event and marketing team even made a few crowns to wear to the Grand Circus Gala last week. It was a fun way to dress up our outfits. Floral crowns are also a great trend for nights out and for music festivals.
If you would like to learn more about floral crowns or find out how to order one for your event, festival or wedding contact Blumz by JRDesigns at 248-398-5130 or 313-964-5777.
~Blumz by JRDesigns